This website is dedicated to helping institutions in the Philippines with emphasis on Deaf foundations, non-government organizations and other disability groups have a web presence by designing a free website for them.
As part of their thesis to graduate, MCCID deaf students are tasked to design their websites free of charge. The objective of mccidonline.net is to showcase the students’ creative designs as well as the repository of information from the respective organizations.
Here are some of the sites arranged chronologically. Click on the thumbnail to view the website.
Note: The designers strive to make their sites accessible for all users, including people with disabilities. However, since most of the sites were created in the late 2000s, expect the following issues to occur when accessing them:
- The designs only conform to the technology that existed during those times. Smartphones, tablets, and other smaller screen devices widely used today were still unheard of.
- All the websites were hard-coded HTML and CSS designs.
- Some page links are either broken or non-existent.
- Some pages that are database-driven using Active Server Pages (ASP) were disabled.
- Due to the End-of-Life Service of Flash Animation, Flash-driven sites were converted to regular HTML format.
Disclaimer: All websites that are hosted here are owned by their respective companies and/or organizations.
Website Designs That Are Still Existing and Self-Hosted
Some sites designed by MCCID are still maintained by their respective organizations. These are:
Website Designs With Own Domain Names and Web Hosting
Some organizations and foundations opted to purchase their own domain names and web hosting services. But all of them have decided not to renew those services and were therefore discontinued. We would just list down the sites below for information purposes.
- Liliane Foundation Philippines
- My Children’s House of Hope
- Call Foundation for the Blind
- Transparency International – Philippines
- Brothers of Charity Philippines
- St. Camillus Calbayog Hospital
Website Designs Using Content Management Systems
By early 2010, Content Management Systems (CMS) Designs using WordPress became of standard use. So most of the websites the students designed were database-driven. However, we cannot include them here because of limited web hosting space. We would just list down the sites below for informational purposes.
- Lagro High School SPED
- Pampanga High School SPED
- Inocencio Magtoto Memorial Foundation Inc.
- Philippine Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- Francisco Nepumuceno Memorial High School SPED
- Mauaque Resettlement High School SPED